The Test Centre, established in 1985, is under operation in Solar Energy Division of the Institute.
The Centre is:
- Supported by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India, New Delhi till 2019
- Approved by Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS), Govt. of India, since 2000 till 2020.
- Accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories(NABL), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi(Certificate number for thermal testing: T-2341), since 2012 till 2020.
- Carrying out testing of solar thermal gadgets as per details given below:
- Flat plate collector as per IS 12933 (Part 1) : 2003 (As per NABL and BIS scope)
- Box type solar cooker with mirror reflector only as per IS 13429 (Part 1) :2000 (As per NABL and BIS scope)
- Solar concentrating system as per MNRE approved procedure
- Evacuated tube collector based hot water system as per MNRE approved procedure.
- Providing technical back-up to the industries in maintaining quality standards in manufacturing of solar thermal devices by extending testing facility for various components and materials and evaluating processes used in fabrication of solar thermal devices.