1) Supported by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Govt. of India,
2) Approved by Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS), Govt. of India, since 2000.
3) Accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration
Laboratories (NABL), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi (Certificate number for thermal testing: T-2341), since 2012.
4) Carrying out testing of solar thermal gadgets as per details given below:
a) Flat plate collector as per IS 12933 (Part 1) : 2003
b) Box type solar cooker as per IS 13429 (Part 1) : 2000
c) Solar concentrating system as per MNRE approved procedure
d) Evacuated tube collector based hot water system as per
MNRE approved procedure
5) Providing technical back-up to the industries in maintaining quality standards in
manufacturing of solar thermal devices by extending testing facility for various
components and materials and evaluating processes used in fabrication of solar